What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holzmine 42

ztoddman1

Have a repro holz mine that I want to put some charges in. The specs call for 50/50 amatol. I know I have seen amatol blocks on the net but they are a different size than the compartments that they go in. My question is, were the 50/50 blocks that go in the holzmine just drop in or did you have to mold it into the compartments from the amatol blocks?

The holzmine uses 200gram blocks same charge as used in schu mines except they all bar one that the igniter screws into has no threaded adaptor, these had green labels, but saying that they could have used blocks with the inserts if the other blocks were difficult to get hold of.

Well I knew the center priming charge consisted of 3 sprengkorper blocks but the amatol on either side is what is puzzling me.