What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C219 box

chilidawg

I take it that these are fairly rare. I picked it up at a yard sale for $10 Canadian. There are no markings except for a sticker that has ORD - CANADA all other writing has worn away. Any information you could give me would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 43
24 rounds 40mm Bofors in transit tubes. Not at all rare over here, I don't know about Canada though! Still, $10 was a good buy anywhere.

I can't imagine that there would be to many here in Canada. I would think most wartime production was shipped overseas.

Hi all,

I just got this C219 container. Can anyone tell me who the maker is? I searched but couldn't find a list of ammo container makers (in general) and their marks.

2014_10_01_23_05_21.jpg

Jeeper,

I've looked high and low and can't find any possible manufacturers. Being 1939 I would have thought it must have been one of the first.

TimG

Hi Tim,

thanks so much for your effort, at least I didn't miss the obvious then. For now the search will continue... :tinysmile_twink_t2: