What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any idea on calibre?...just for fun...

kahu1

Premium Member
Just wondering what calibre this cartridge is?. ... ; )

7.5 OR 7.62.jpg

Bob

Attachments

• 7.5 OR 7.62.jpg
    7.5 OR 7.62.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 94
I see possibilities for a BOCN calendar. I have no doubt it would sell out instantly! :cool:

Last edited:
The quote was cut off the bottom. It read: "This one's bigger than the one Ray showed me."

I think I saw 'C.F' on there very faint but now my eyes hurt from staring!!!
No idea at to year of manufacture or Lot No etc?

Re first pic,,,the only guns I can see there are,,,bigguns,at least it proves one thing,,,,that I am level headed,,,,drooling out of both sides at the same time,

Going back to the first pic, the shoulders slope gently, it has a long well defined neck, a nice round mouth, and though you can't see much of the base, it seems narrow enough. All of these comments apply to the casing also, with the addition that the case mouth seems to have petals, the base is rimless (these things I noticed when I magnified the pic as far as I could before loosing definition, and seeing the freckles start to blur:xd:), which makes me think it is a blank casing, possibly 7.62x51. Cheers, Bruce.

I was thinking it was 7.62 X 51 due to the case neck annealing.

On another note, I know the Guns and Bombs photo dates clear back to the first Gulf War.

You don't see guns mounted on bombs very often.

Last edited: