What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paraguay Trench Art

ozziammo

Howdy Again,

I have a specimen of trench art made from what looks to be a 75mm x 277mm x 90R, it has been shortened to 228mm. It also has prolific engraving on the side, some of which I think reads " Recuerdo Dela Guerra Paraguay 1935" with hands holding flowers over a star.

Is this engraving referring to a person, or place, or battle please?

Attached a pic of the headstamp also.

Thanks,

Regards Ozzi.

Attachments

• 75mm Paraguay-1.jpg
    75mm Paraguay-1.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 45
Thanks Yoda,

I am starting to put it together, there is a couple of pics of a French Schneider 75mm gun in that link, maybe a cart from one of these!!! Right caliber, right year.

Could not see anywhere in this link that refers to the inscription tho.

Anyone got an idea of the inscription, is it a place or person or maybe a battle?

Regards Ozzi

Pics of cart. as requested.

Regards Ozzi.

Attachments

• Paraguay.jpg
    Paraguay.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Paraguay-1.jpg
    Paraguay-1.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Paraguay-2.jpg
    Paraguay-2.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Paraguay-4.jpg
    Paraguay-4.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
The basic translation is "Remember the Paraguay war 1935", or more literally, "Remember the war Paraguay 1935".

G-Day Darkman,

Thanks for that.

Are you going to Shepp for the AGM this year, if so, see ya there!

Regards Ozzi.

Hi Ozzie.

Yes will definitely be going to the AGM in Shepparton. May take Ron with me depending when he can get away (company car = free petrol).
Look forward to meeting you.

Cheers, Graeme