What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L25 Grenade Fuze tin packing

hangarman

I'm looking for the packaging that goes inside the round 5 Fuze container for the British L2A2 Grenade from the 60's/70's/80's I would show you a picture if what the look like but I don't know what they look like. I would guess they are black plastic. Also looking for the clamp to secure the lid onto the tin.
Thanks, in anticipation,
Gary

Hello Gary, I have no pictures but yes, the inner packing fitments were black plastic, a one-piece thing in the base of the aluminium inner container. There were 20 grenades plus fuzes in one wooden outer container, in two layers. The layers were divided by a laminated wooden sheet. If I remember correctly the wooden sheet had four black rubber rings glued to it, so that the upper layer inner containers would sit correctly positioned in the outer container. My memory of clamps to secure each inner container is hazy - I thought it was with one-inch `jungle' tape, or perhaps I am remembering tape over a clamp.

Thanks for the info Ammotechxt,
I have the outer box, but no divider and I have one of each of the tins. The tin for the body's has its inserts but I have an empty tin for the fuzes :( I am hoping ,because they are plastic that one may have survived hidden on a range somewhere, just waiting to be found!!
If someone has a picture of what I'm looking for that would be great
Cheers
Gary

Hello Gary, I have no pictures but yes, the inner packing fitments were black plastic, a one-piece thing in the base of the aluminium inner container. There were 20 grenades plus fuzes in one wooden outer container, in two layers. The layers were divided by a laminated wooden sheet. If I remember correctly the wooden sheet had four black rubber rings glued to it, so that the upper layer inner containers would sit correctly positioned in the outer container. My memory of clamps to secure each inner container is hazy - I thought it was with one-inch `jungle' tape, or perhaps I am remembering tape over a clamp.

Hi Gary,

I hope these photo's will help. Sadly, I don't have a spare, but I'm sure they're still out there....

Cheers,

Gary

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg