What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZUS 40 cutaway

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
I received a Zus 40 for my 17 fuze last week from a friend and bocn member ,something i had wanted a long time to go with the fuze i got from the late madbomber ,
unfortunately numb nuts me broke it within hours of getting it ,age had seized up the insides and the detent arm snapped off,a quick word with the donor and he suggested cutting it,
so cut it was and a new detent arm fitted,although seized solid once opened up i managed to get it all moving again even saved all the original springs except the one on the slider piece which i replaced with a weaker one for ease of movement
For a description of how it works pzgr40 has a really nice example here..
http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/4053-ZUS-40-(Anti-withdrawal-device-40)-Germany-WW2

this is my example...
View attachment 95650View attachment 95651View attachment 95652

Attachments

• ZUS 40 elaz 17 bombfuze (1).jpg
    ZUS 40 elaz 17 bombfuze (1).jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 96
  • ZUS 40 elaz 17 bombfuze (2).JPG
    ZUS 40 elaz 17 bombfuze (2).JPG
    281.6 KB · Views: 92
  • ZUS 40 elaz 17 bombfuze (3).JPG
    ZUS 40 elaz 17 bombfuze (3).JPG
    277.8 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
A nice job on that Spotter, the first sectioned one I have ever seen.
Best Weasel

Be careful with that hacksaw Spotter, I tend to lock mine away just in case......
Nice job by the way.
Dave.