What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally, a Vietnam Era marked Frag!!

timmymac

I'd been waiting to put one of these on the shelf for a long time . ( many thanks Barry!!) An original MARKED '69 US M61 Fragmentation grenade. What a beauty, the bttm cap is repro but the "jungle clip" is original!! These are a booger to marked, & impossible with original clip. I feel fortunate to have this piece in my collection

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 99
Are these reproduction bottom caps available somewhere?

What did you give for the 61? Do you have an acquisition story?

Got this grenade from a friend & fellow bocn member I've traded & corresponded with the past few years with. SUPER GUY TOO! The cap came with the grenade, as well as original matching shipping tube. My friend knew how long I had been looking for a marked lemon & called me when wanted to do something with it. You think mine is nice, you outta see the one he kept...truly outstanding!

The guy that made base cap also makes early model MKII repro "spoons" as pictures on my body. Didn't mention his name till I spoke with him first about it. Those base caps are very often not on the inerted grenades & when they are, they are in bad shape. Even if you had one in pretty good shape, these would be handy so ya weren't popping an original off/on every time ya wanted to show frag coils. Send me PM if interested & I'll send his email .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 20
image.jpgIf you mean the "washer" Darryl, then yes. Here's a picture of one I got from him this past year. I got what you see in my hand in picture. He obviously starts with an MKII bouchon then ""cuts" it back. Anyway, it's not original, but it's not bad!

View attachment 96571If you mean the "washer" Darryl, then yes. Here's a picture of one I got from him this past year. I got what you see in my hand in picture. He obviously starts with an MKII bouchon then ""cuts" it back. Anyway, it's not original, but it's not bad!

Nope, I mean the fuze sealer, a sheet metal part that fills in the space between the lever and fuze at the cutback portion to prevent the entry of dirt and mud. I will see if I can find a photo.

here are a couple of photos I pinced from lex's site.

Attachments

• fuze sealer.jpg
    fuze sealer.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 9
  • fuze sealer 1.jpg
    fuze sealer 1.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 10