What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German/Austrian Rifle Grenade?

orcutteod

I picked up this rifle grenade and the seller wasn't sure if it's German or Austrian and I'm not sure either. The fuse is most unusual and it came with a rod that is in excellent condition.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 87
What you have is a nice example of the "Gewehrgranate 1914" with the last model of its fuze. This fuze, with the ribs on its top that were supposed to make it more sensitive, was only introduced just before production was stopped.
Bellifortis

What you have is a nice example of the "Gewehrgranate 1914" with the last model of its fuze. This fuze, with the ribs on its top that were supposed to make it more sensitive, was only introduced just before production was stopped.
Bellifortis
Thanks for the info on the fuse. I did not know what the ribs were for on the fuse and did not know their was a limited run on these fuses at the end of the war.

I think the fuze is pretty rare. I've never seen on before. I don't think it's in the Delhomme book either.

John

toughest fuze in the business to find, was used at end of m1914 German rifle grenade production (probable early 1917)

Last edited: