What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Odyssey 2014

As always a great line up of items from Ben.
Appreciate the photos, always good to see, so thanks Ben for sending them and thanks Allan for posting them.

I hope everyone going to the show has a good time

all the best Kev

Going tomorrow. A friend wants a FLAK 88 round and has given me 100 with which to buy it. Can Ben help? :)

I'm personally after a WWI 13 pdr field gun case, a WWII 17pdr AT gun case, a WWII 2pdr AT gun case and a WWII 6pdr AT gun case plus projectiles for the latter two.

On a positive note, there's quite a few good points about living in Australia though, at least there seemed to be last time I was there.

Dave.
G'Day Dave you are correct cold beer warm weather and scantily clad women everywhere but even so I have to go to the UK to get any decent ammo!!! NOT fair!

Grumble... grouch... I didn't find anything I wanted...:tinysmile_angry_t:

I was specifically after a 13pdr field gun case and a 17pdr AT gun case. The only example of the former I could find was a modern saluting blank. The only example of the latter had a damaged neck, a missing primer, a cap badge soldered to the side and the dealer wanted 35 for it. When it became clear it was the only one there, I went back to see if I could get a bit off the price, but it had of course sold.

I was also after a Flak 88 round for a friend, but the only one there was a whopping 350 due to it's supposedly ultra-rare case. However, Ben / Fjordhouse sold me a normal ex-Finnish case for a tenner, so my friend can have that as a consolation prize.

Ah well; I got to see two Lancasters flying together - worth the price of admission alone. :tinysmile_grin_t: