Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smle2009 View Post
    I have been told that Hampshire police do not recognise oiling of primers as a method of inerting primers
    Hi Tony....long time no speak! I don't see why Hampshire or any other police force would be concerned whether primers were live or not - possession of live primers is not an offence. My understanding is that primers only have to be inert to allow a cartridge to be mailed.
    Jim

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimiles For This Useful Post:

smle2009 (28th August 2014)

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    I have various empty 1" flares with oiled unstruck primers,been trying to find someone with a gun on ticket to fire them to make them 100% safe. It saves any bother and is instantly visible to anyone there safe. Tig

Images
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Hi Jim,
    always wondered about that as live primers are allowed in blanks anyway.....the thing about not striking primers in inert ammo collections is dictated by collector values,for example a MkI blackpowder .303" is worth around 100 at least on todays market,strike the primer and it is near worthless,no serious SAA collector would want struck primers in their collection,it would be like a stamp collector putting a penny black on a post card a popping it in a post box!

Chat soon Jim,up to me neck in it at the moment

Tony

5. The Following User Says Thank You to smle2009 For This Useful Post:

Andysarmoury (28th August 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smle2009 View Post
    no serious SAA collector would want struck primers in their collection,it would be like a stamp collector putting a penny black on a post card a popping it in a post box!

Tony
    Well said that man!

Thanks
    Ah to live in the perfect world where no-one treats you like a baby & where you can own anything you like because you are a responsible citizen.

I to do not like to have to strike primers in collectable items but when it comes to being able to own them or have them confiscated by the "authorities", struck primers are the only way to go I am afraid!

Images
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Glad I don't live in Oz then,good job my great grandad wasn't naughty or I could have been

PS....struck primers don't prove anything is inert anyway.

PPS...ah! the mailing thing again,is this law or just a post office rule that's got all out of hand again?

Tony
    Last edited by smle2009; 28th August 2014 at 12:42 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziammo View Post
    Ah to live in the perfect world where no-one treats you like a baby & where you can own anything you like because you are a responsible citizen.

I to do not like to have to strike primers in collectable items but when it comes to being able to own them or have them confiscated by the "authorities", struck primers are the only way to go I am afraid!
    This is the worst part about it. There is not enough interest in (or hope of) ever changing any of these laws.

I think they will eventually class ammunition components such as bullets and cases as prohibited items subject to restrictions. I believe that some European countries already have similar laws, so the EU may eventually force it on us.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I've started collecting paper clips too....before they get restricted.....some of them are very pretty

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks
    But paper clips can be sharp. Perhaps I should start collecting the down that comes out of Mrs XT's pillow when she hits me with it. I guess a pillow could be classed as lethal too.
    Any live or dug ordnance shown in my posts has been dealt with accordingly by eod personel

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    Belly button fluff, thats a sleeper of a collection.Get in while its cheap!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast