What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rations - and how they've always sucked

A good book that describes Brit WW1 rations well is 'Mud, Blood and Poppycock' by Gordon Corrigan. Well worth a read for anyone interested in trench warfare.

Compo Rations,in the early 60s,in Aden,"up country detatchment",I liked the hard tack biscuits and tins of Irish stew,the tins of cheese were almost always "blown" so great pleasure was had in puncturing a tiny hole in the can,,,,,and rolling it under the tent flap of an nearby tent,it was quite an education as I did not know there were so many expletives in the English vocabulary,aaaah!happy days,
Cheers,
Don,

MREs have really improved since they first came out, best thing they did was replace the dehydrated meat and stuff. But the First Strike Rations are pretty good, I carry 3 of them in each of my vehicles and have 3 boxes of them for the "just in case" time