What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SS-11 question

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
Can anyone tell me, what was the explosive fill material for the SS-11B (French or US) AT missile? Does anyone have an internal diagram? Thanks in advance.

Jeff,

Go out to the WK2 Ammo Site. Look in the Schnittmodel (sectioned) things. DJ Harms has a very nice sectioned one posted there.

Last edited:
DJ, I love all your sectioning work, but especially the SSB11 because I have one. The National Guard fired them here, from Huey's years ago.

Jeff, DJ's explanation is saying RDX/TNT 50/50

Thanks guys, I think DJ's was an11A, on what I am looking at there are some details that don't match internally. Still, it gives me what I needed to know. Appreciate the help.

That is closer to what I was seeing, but still some differences. As many countries as used it, that is not surprising. This diagram had the large grooved piece at the end of the stand-off cone, but there is also a support(?) collar over 1cm thick filling the space between cone and ogive, about where the diagram shows "125mm". Thanks for the diagram.