What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

strange cartridge, ? ejector seat?

Rrickoshae

Premium Member
hi chaps, can anyone identify this cartridge - please see the attached photos. The case is 47mm long and 22mm in diameter at the mouth. The headstamp is 'CCCJ No.3 Mk2 MBCJ 1110 and in minute letters within a circle 'MBAC'. My guess is its an ejector seat cartridge but what do you think?

cheers, dave

Attachments

• 100_5601.jpg
    100_5601.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 100_5602.jpg
    100_5602.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 100_5603.jpg
    100_5603.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 68
It certainly looks like an ejector seat cart, probably from a guillotine. MBAC could stand for Martin Baker . I'm sure there are members out there who fitted these in the past.
Cheers
Gary

Definately Martin Baker Aircraft Co. (MBAC), though I cant give an accurate ID on the cartridge. A quick look around shows larger cartridges, which appear to be primary cartridges, as such I suspect this one may be a 'secondary' cartridge. I'm not familiar with ejection seats, but there must be other things in place to blast off the canopy of the aircraft etc, which would all be linked to the ejection process.
I am sure someone will have the definative answer and I would be interested to know myself.
thanks for posting
regards kev

It looks like one of the primary carts,possibly for one of the lighter model seats, they come in various sizes,or could be a drogue chute cart for the seat.

At least we know its an ejector seat cartridge of some sort. Its of no real interest to me as I no longer have anything with an ejector seat in it so i'll put it in classified ads.

thanks, Dave