What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daily job !

Nice vid,
they should let the "west european collectors" do the job :)
Is it just me who thinks that, when burning out the explosive charge, one should stand a little further away?

Cheers, Bob

Each country have his own safety rules !!!!!!!!!
Some more safe as other !

Yoda

How was the linear green tube filled with plastic explosive originally designed to be used? Is it a minefield breaching charge like the U.S. MICLIC?

Az my sources say SZ-1 to 6 are soviet (russian) demolition charges.
Bob

Yes Ivan,
in Belgium we collect from WW i and II, on average 250 Tons UXO in a year !
Now, on 1 october, we received 3256 demands to collect old ammunition of the last world wars !
With the accident of february in Ypres shall 2014 be a great year ! Sure we shall collect more as 250 T this year !

Yoda

Yes Ivan,
in Belgium we collect from WW i and II, on average 250 Tons UXO in a year !
Now, on 1 october, we received 3256 demands to collect old ammunition of the last world wars !
With the accident of february in Ypres shall 2014 be a great year ! Sure we shall collect more as 250 T this year !
Yoda

I can`t understend what`s common between terrorists and sappers from other countries??
Mybe I don`t know something and appeared new facts.

Last edited:
Hallo Ivan,
my source is correct SZ is the transcription to latin.
There is a row from SZ-1 to SZ-6 with different weight of explosive and dimensions including SZ-4P.
I could not judge the precise type video as I never worked with it.
Thank You for clearing that for me.

I realy hate political correctness. In the video I see couple of technical problems:
1. They say that the burning projectile is incendiary - to me it looks like normal HE burning.
2. They say that they are destroying 3 loads a day - in this location the earth looks quite undisturbed. They could change sites however.

Bob

Hallo Ivan,
my source is correct SZ is the transcription to latin.
There is a row from SZ-1 to SZ-6 with different weight of explosive and dimensions including SZ-4P.
I could not judge the precise type video as I never worked with it.
Thank You for clearing that for me.
Bob

Bob, problem not in transcription. I understend it very well and it`s ok. Problem in this - SZ-6m and SZ-1P have special metall connection plugs. But SZ-4P hasn`t those plugs and we can see exactly SZ-4P on video. SZ-4P is really like plastik intensitine with ribbon on both ends, but SZ-1P and SZ-6m has plugs. It`s ok, in USSR were a lot of charges and special small charges for Special Forces too.
And SZ-6 is charge in metall tin, not liner charge.