What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

finally the FURY premiere!!

I've only heard good things about this film and hope to see it later this month.

Not as good as it could have been . a little far fetched in places . think of the Alamo then fast forward to WW2

I found the special effects were more accurate then Hollywood normally does, plus the tank tactics for WW II were pretty good. If i were to find a problem with it, ti would be they made the turret and space inside the tank look larger then it really is. And the only munitions thing I wouold ask was the term they used for the "super charge" round, it was an HE, but they had the fuze and the setting of the fuze pretty damn close. But all in all well worth going to see it.

they made the turret and space inside the tank look larger then it really is.

It didn't 'look' larger, it was larger, well spotted! All the interior scenes were filmed in an interior buck that was 10% bigger all round. It was a necessity due to the cameras. The sides were made from a number of removable panels with joints in the wiring and conduits at the break lines to allow filming from whatever angle was needed. Most of the interior equipment were original parts with a bit of jiggery pokery to make it all fit together.

The only technical bit I had a problem with was the use/non-use of the Panzerfausts the SS troopers had on hand. Before contact with the M4, they were marching along the road with a dozen or more PFs in evidence. During the road fight, they only fired 3 I think, all from less than 15 yards, and one even missed. Later on, it was dark, and a couple more 'Faust-ists' could easily have gotten within 10-15 feet and ended the movie about 20 minutes earlier.
Other than that, I did like the film.

I thought the film was very moving and thought provoking. I do try not to watch films with a too critical eye now as it spoils the film BUT I couldn't help notice the WP grenades. When he threw them out of the tank they should burst and emit an instantaneous smoke screen but all they did was produce a gradual build up of smoke, probably using a modern smoke grenade. I also agree with JonnyC, the Germans would have used all their Panzerfausts to good effect...

I concur with Jonnyc & Hangerman. At one point in the film I said out a little too loudly "...they would have PF on them in less than a minute" the only other thing that I saw, being a grenade guy, I spotted (as in Band/Bro's & Sav Pvt. Ryan) the use of older era practice grenade bodies painted to look like MKII's. They did get kudos for the frag sleeve on the M24 thrown in the turrent. A GREAT FILM THAT I BELIEVE EVERY US CITIZEN SHOULD SEE! The Museum of the American G.I.( located Just outside of town) had on display,and we're raffling off rides on what I believe was a Sherman M4A4 on the theatre grounds!! I highly recommend this film to all, and IF&H your an American & haven't watch & don't plan to see, shame on you. Watching the film, I was once again reminded of the sacrifices that were made for our way of life. THANK YOU VETERANS!!!!!