What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M81 fuze photo help

Jawasinger

I just got in an M81 long fuze I was pretty sure it was for a 152mm projo but cant seem to find any photo's of this fuze or a 152mm projo with the fuze
any help would be gratefully appreciated THANKS

Its for the WWII U.S. 120mm stratoflak AAA projo. It needs a booster adapter to fit the projo though. It is at 1.4 inches now, and needs to be the standard 2 inch diameter.

Just curious what made you think 152mm? The 152mm He uses a standard artillery fuze. This fuze is long and tapered because the projectile is long and tapered for high velocity.

Last edited:
I usually don't usually collect larger rds I remember seeing this fuze and at first 152 popped in my head but yep 120 it is thanks so much!!!!!

Hello,

I assume this thread is for the fuze M61 (picture shown by Jawasinger) and not M81 (fuze for Rocket with same shape as M51)

Regards

Yes, most likely some confusion. I was going by the look of the photo. I didn't check fuze numbers. That is the only U.S. fuze that has that shape, except the one that U.S. Subs has been posting photos of in his Museum thread.

You don't have a copy of TM 9-1901 Artillery ammo from 1944? The manual was posted by one of our members a couple of years ago.

I don't know how much of a purist you are about parts, but there are two types of 120mm cases out there, the AAA one (M24) and the one for the Marine Corps tank. They are the same case, just different model numbers.

The projectiles show up now and then, usually fuzed. They are fairly rare though.

Attachments

• 120mm AAA round.jpg
    120mm AAA round.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 120mm AAA Data.jpg
    120mm AAA Data.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: