What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1924 GP 250Lbs Bomb Info

millsbomber

Premium Member
I was loaned a Note Book From a Customer of mine whose relative was in the RAF in the inter war years, i have photographed the pages which relates to bombing as most is about bomb sights and calculations all very boring stuff to me,,,,,,, Dave

HPIM0242.jpgHPIM0243.jpgHPIM0244.jpgHPIM0249.jpgHPIM0250.jpgHPIM0247.jpgHPIM0252.jpgHPIM0251.jpgHPIM0246.jpg

Attachments

• HPIM0245.jpg
    HPIM0245.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Very nice documents! and believe me bombsights are not boring, they are fascinating pieces of engineering - if there are drawings of bombsights could you please post them too? seeing the year, I suppose that they are related to the Wimperis CSBS type III?

whilst on the subject of bombsights, here is an example of the MKIX A course setting bombsight, which was the standard RAF bombsight in use at the outbreak of WW2. One interesting feature on this example is that it is complete with its levelling/mounting bracket.
Someone has gone to a lot of trouble to make an interesting display for this one - this is just how I bought it.

there is a pdf instruction manual for this bombsight available on the following link, which gives detailed information on this bombsight if anyone is interested ......... http://www.canadianflight.org/content/mk-ix-bombsight-instruction-manual

regards Kev

PA211044.JPGPA211045.JPGPA211046.JPGPA211047.JPG

Last edited: