What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nordenfelt rounds

highlandotter

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
In the late 1800s, Nordenfelt made small to medium guns in competion with Hotchkiss, Vickers and others. Their production was mostly unmarked. Sometimes a Large N, but rarely. They can be identified by a 3 dot crimp, a stamped ring around the primer and their design of rotating band. Here are some examples;

1. 38x186R. #s2 and 3.42x184R, Italian. #s 4,5,6.42x260R. #7, 47x378R, 3 pounder. #s 8 and 9, 57x308, 6 pounder

Attachments

• P1020300.jpg
    P1020300.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 112
Nice pieces, I cleaned up your photo a little.

P1020300.jpg

thanks for the cleaning. I was born in Ann Arbor and grew up in Ferndale, but have been a resident of California for the last 60 years. I admire your Bombatorium-it is 3 times the size of my house. I get 1 wall of the den.

Let me know if you make it back this way and you can root around on the shelves for a while. My wife never stops reminding me, it is twice the size of our house as well - but as ordnance work has paid our bills since day 1 she mostly complains under her breath. I think mostly because she does the cleaning.