What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A sad day for the RARDEN collection

Short story - Short on cash .......
Long story - Car has gone to heaven, Christmas round the corner and two lovely kids. It was all a matter of priorities really and getting them in the right order. The only other option was to sell a FV432 and the way i looked at it was i'd have more fun with my sons and the 432 rather than the RARDEN collection. A really really great shame but thats life and i'll get over it. I keep telling myself that i've enjoyed collecting them and they are all out there now for other people to enjoy, but it doesn't help lol.

I have sold the lot to Steve McGregor so if anyone wants anything, they now know where to go. He can be contacted on 01926 812972 and he does not do computers or email before you ask. Dave, don't spend toooo much buddy lol.

Thanks to all those that have helped me put such an extensive collection together over the years. It has been a great passion that has defined a part of me and your kindness and generosity will always be appreciated and remembered.

xxx

C.

Short story - Short on cash .......
Long story - Car has gone to heaven, Christmas round the corner and two lovely kids. It was all a matter of priorities really and getting them in the right order. The only other option was to sell a FV432 and the way i looked at it was i'd have more fun with my sons and the 432 rather than the RARDEN collection. A really really great shame but thats life and i'll get over it. I keep telling myself that i've enjoyed collecting them and they are all out there now for other people to enjoy, but it doesn't help lol.

I have sold the lot to Steve McGregor so if anyone wants anything, they now know where to go. He can be contacted on 01926 812972 and he does not do computers or email before you ask. Dave, don't spend toooo much buddy lol.

Thanks to all those that have helped me put such an extensive collection together over the years. It has been a great passion that has defined a part of me and your kindness and generosity will always be appreciated and remembered.

xxx

C.

Thanks Charlie, yes Steve and I are going go through it all over the next few weeks.
I've put my name on all the apfsds and early apds rounds :tinysmile_twink_t:
If anyone can't get hold of Steve just send me a pm and I'll be in touch with him
Dave.

Charlie, glad I saw your collection it was certainly something to be proud of having gathered. We are only ever custodians of these things and when we pass them on it has to be to a good home not a skip. Family first is only right and proper. Know a bit how you feel re the collection, having moved a good portion of mine on recently and will move some more soon. regards.

Ya couldn't sell the kids?!?!?! :xd: Hope all goes well with your next endeavor.