What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.8 King tiger casing

I should also add that I firmly believe it is better to be lucky than good. I have been very lucky lately - blessed if you will.

I do not think the King Tiger will go out of style with the young crowd. Many games like World of Tanks to keep it alive. I am very concerned that what I buy will not fall out of fashion one day. I see items from WWI and the Span Am war going up for sale, and they are not commanding the dollars the long time collectors are seeking (my observations only).

Very nice round M8. I all ways wanted a 8.8cm round. Either tiger or tiger 2 but way out of my price range. I have an 5cm HE and APC round. Had a 7.5cm Panther APCBC projectile but could never find a nice case to got with it. Finally gave up and sold it. Larry.

I am very concerned that what I buy will not fall out of fashion one day. I see items from WWI and the Span Am war going up for sale, and they are not commanding the dollars the long time collectors are seeking (my observations only).

I guess its down to what motivates you with collecting. Personally I don't get hung up on resale values because I enjoy the things for what they are and tend to swap in preference to sale. I deliberately don't keep track of what I paid for things so if I do sell then there's no pressure on the price of sale, its all like pure profit in an odd sort of way.
Dave.

Hi Dave,
That is exactly the way i do it as well. i have known people to have a book of all the values and prices paid for everything but that some how takes the fun out of it for me.
Best reagrds Weasel.

Last edited:
I like the items for what they are, but I also see them as my retirement portfolio. I am no good at stocks and investing. I have invested heavily in military goods since the 80's and done quite well. The combined value of the military vehicles, cannons, machineguns, guns, ammo and now artillery shells will make my non-working days very comfortable - I hope.

That said, I will probably keel over tomorrow, and my wife and son will sell it for a fraction of the value as they have no idea. One of you will reap my harvest.

Last edited:
Very nice round M8. I all ways wanted a 8.8cm round. Either tiger or tiger 2 but way out of my price range. I have an 5cm HE and APC round. Had a 7.5cm Panther APCBC projectile but could never find a nice case to got with it. Finally gave up and sold it. Larry.

Hello Larry,
Thank you for your comments. You got farther than I have on the Panther round. I have been offered only relic projectiles and a phony casing - there is a post on this site about the fake casing. The cases are out there. I am sure of it. Nice find on the 50mm items. I have been lucky on those also. Steve