What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reference for Cooper Bomb

peteblight

Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Can someone point me in the right direction for a decent reference for the Cooper Bomb?

Cheers

Pete

Seems like I may have something, got a busy day today though, give me some time.

Can someone point me in the right direction for a decent reference for the Cooper Bomb?

Cheers

Pete

Pete,

It is probably worth getting hold of "Details of Aerial Bombs - Air Ministry Sept 1918" Reprinted by Naval and Military Press
and
"Air Publication 1243 - ArmamentTraining Manual for the RAF - Part II Bombs etc - Air Ministry 1927. Extracts below in random order!

Image 0142.jpgImage 0139.jpgImage 0143.jpgImage 0140.jpgImage 0145.jpgImage 0144.jpgImage 0141.jpgImage 0138.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone explain the different tail on this Cooper bomb?

Cheers

Pete

View attachment 101681
Pete,

It is a tail for a Hale 20lb Bomb. I don't know of any official work that would have merged the two bombs. As you can see the Hales tail is an expensive option in comparison with the wooden and tinplate Cooper tail. It does however offer a tail fuze.

Best.