What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EOD museum loans

Kessler

Hi Gents,

I'm a member of an Air museum in England based at Metheringham airfield, a former Bomber Command Lancaster station. We are slowly expanding our museum and are keen to acquire examples of ordnance dropped by Bomber Command aircraft so that they can be preserved at an appropriate location for future generations.

I notice that this forum contains quite a few members from European EOD teams and I was wondering if anyone could kindly put us in touch through Official channels so that we can explore any opportunities to acquire examples of larger inert air dropped British ordnance for display at the Metheringham Airfield Visitor Centre please?

Ideally we are looking for examples of fuses, 250lb, 500lb,1000lb, air dropped shipping mines, Cookies, TI's, Incendiaries etc. Transport wouldn't be a problem and we would be very grateful for any assistance as there are very few comprehensive WW2 bomb collections on display in UK museums.

Thanks,

Tim