What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.50 cal M23 Incendiary

nathanieljr

Looking for information on the internal structure of this round - I can find info on its history, m/v, filling weight etc, but haven'y found a cutaway picture of diagram or any description of how it was laid out internally. Any help would be much appreciated

Hi Nathanieljr,
Her all info I have. I must note that in all my over 30 years of collecting I have never seen one in a collection, museum, either offered on collectores meetings.

Translated tekst:
Markings: Nose painted dark blue with a light blue ring below that, as well as an extra groove for the mouth of the shellcase.

This cartridge develops a higher initial velocity as the M1 type Incendiary, and is only meant for aircraft machine guns. It also houses a bigger incendiary filling, to enable it to set planes on fire easier. The projectile has a length of 58,16mm.

Attachments

• 12,7x99 M23.jpg
    12,7x99 M23.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 51