What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German box?

Tmine35

Premium Member
Can someone tell what has been contents of this old wooden box? Lid inside is ink stamped:
I.Spr.M.
Scharf

Sorry but I have no dimensions.

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 51
Hi Reino..

is the wording Sharf on label or added after ?

Sharf normally means live / armed / Hot/primed....

M24 were armed and placed back in boxes and box marked SHARF.
Highly dangerous and against the rules!!

some from my collection marked Sharf.

Regards nick

Can someone tell what has been contents of this old wooden box? Lid inside is ink stamped:
I.Spr.M.
Scharf

Sorry but I have no dimensions.

Attachments

• 20150128_145438.jpg
    20150128_145438.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 14
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 19
Nick,
Scharf is ink stamped the same way as other markings and I believe it is original ( stenciled markings are on wood, not on label ). I do not have the box in my hands, it's actually in our local internet auction but start price is not of interest to me.
As minenwerfer rounds are more or less artillery shells, they were shipped ready to use, I think.

Hi Reino, yes it makes sense if they are shipped ready for then Sharf would be factory stamped fo shipping.

Nick,
Scharf is ink stamped the same way as other markings and I believe it is original ( stenciled markings are on wood, not on label ). I do not have the box in my hands, it's actually in our local internet auction but start price is not of interest to me.
As minenwerfer rounds are more or less artillery shells, they were shipped ready to use, I think.