What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German bomb markings

sonofhss

I'm looking for a definitive text on German bomb markings for WW2. One specific question is about the two numeral code (i.e. 13) for identification of the explosive. Does anyone know the reference for these numbers and their respective explosives?
Thanks,
Bob

Fritz Hahn: Waffen und Geheimwaffen des deutschen Heeres 1933-1945 vol. 1 offers a very comprehensive list of these codes (I know the book is about Heer, but numbers are correct for bombs too :) ).

Last edited:
I'm looking for a definitive text on German bomb markings for WW2. One specific question is about the two numeral code (i.e. 13) for identification of the explosive. Does anyone know the reference for these numbers and their respective explosives? Thanks, Bob

.............1.jpg2.jpg

Fritz Hahn: Waffen und Geheimwaffen des deutschen Heeres 1933-1945 vol. 1 offers a very comprehensive list of these codes (I know the book is about Heer, but numbers are correct for bombs too :) ).
I ordered one from the UK, apparently they are out of print. Thanks