What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Submunition

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
Any ideas what this item is? I have it as Czech and 44MM ...

I'm trying to find out the nomenclature and anything else I can dig up ...

Joe

Attachments

• P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 69
  • P1010003.jpg
    P1010003.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 61
  • P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 47
Joe,

Not at work at te moment will have a look tomorrow if no one else become first.
and yes it is czech.

Regards,

Chris

I have it as a Czeck model unknown and also as a Soviet 3O23 DPICM for 152mm - Jeff has some info on this one basically saying it was a ICM that was stopped and dropped from production. But I have a very grainy photo of it taken in Ukraine.

It looks like element for shell 3-O-23, but I don`t know what produced in Czech.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, do you have anything on the one for the 3-0-23? Would be nice to add to the conversation.

Joe

There are two types; the upper one in the picture has the same size as the DM1384, the lower one (ribbon missing) has the same size as the M42/M46.
I also made a ACAD drawing showing the way the submunitions function.
Regards, DJH

Attachments

• 2 x Tsjechische submunitie.jpg
    2 x Tsjechische submunitie.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 01 - sequense.jpg
    01 - sequense.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 02 - safe.jpg
    02 - safe.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 03 - armed.jpg
    03 - armed.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 04 - impact.jpg
    04 - impact.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 34
so the DM 1384 is German I assume, I ahve yet to find it in any of my references, b ut am glad you put the sizes for the other all the pics I ahd did not have measurements. I forgot I had pzgr's cad drawings - nice work there

Hi Joe, I do not know any type designation. Would be nice to know.
Regards, DJH

They had no designation by size, only a name. The large one was for the 152mm, the small for 122mm rockets. Initially a joint project with the Sovs, then the Czech side gave up on it considering it too sensitive as designed. The Soviet side continued it. I got mine from an R&D area in the Czech Republic, from some leftover items they had. The developmental name is in my files, something typically Czech with lots of letters stuck together - Tvchornik or something similar. As mentioned it has been discussed before. I can look up my info possibly this weekend if nobody else finds it first.