What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British N97 Test Fuze

Vasco Da Gama

Couple of pictures of a British Naval N97 series test fuze. My understanding is that the N97 was a post war proximity fuze but this example is clearly marked N97 Series Test Fuze. I cannot find a date and I am unsure of what part of the system it would test, the fuze setting/ arming process? It appears to have electrical connectors internally. Very happy to be educated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 71
Couple of pictures of a British Naval N97 series test fuze. My understanding is that the N97 was a post war proximity fuze but this example is clearly marked N97 Series Test Fuze. I cannot find a date and I am unsure of what part of the system it would test, the fuze setting/ arming process? It appears to have electrical connectors internally. Very happy to be educated!

The N97 could be used Direct Action, high or low sensitivity VT and role selection apparatus was used to blow fusible links in the fuze to neutralise unwanted parts of the internal circuitry. The test fuze was used to test the role selection equipment and replacement fusible links conveniently plugged into the test fuze. My guess is that it dates from the late 1960s.