What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show Of Shows. National Gun Day. WHY ???

DEADLINE222

Why did no one buy these before me?

I enthusiastically forked over a whopping $35.00 for these complete beauties and have been wondering how I got so lucky that no one else wanted them?

155.jpg

Does anyone else have an item(s) you cannot imagine why no one else wanted it?

It doesn't have to be from the SOS, but I cannot stop thinking about the experience. Absolutely amazing ordnance hunting.

Maybe because we were hauling around too much loot as it was?:tinysmile_classes_t I started at the left hand side of the show and by the time I had worked my way to the right to the half price table, I was out of cash for the day. The next day I was too busy to leave my own table at the NGD show to do much more than make a foray to the SOS for some items I'd seen previously, and I forgot the half price table. Sunday was slow at the NGD but somewhere along the line someone managed to steal an M1D scope mount off my table. Never had any trouble with theft at any show I've ever set up at. Must have been the promoter who kept saying to watch your tables that jinxed me. And I think it was a dealer that did it. Oh well, despite that picked up some great things and had a good time. Cheers, Bruce

My friend and I parked a few feet away from the amusement park.

We walked to Show Of Shows and did two hours in there. I became intoxicated when I saw the 1/2 price signs and had to leave to sober up, and take in some food.

We walked back to the car with haul in hand, and in my backpack.

We then Walked to National Gun Day via the ATM.

We were in NGD for a bit shorter than SOS, but that is where I picked up the propellant charges along with a well priced fuze. The dealer told me he had 30+ the previous day!

We carried them back to the car and walked to SOS.

I randomly hit the rows starting on the left side (I always start on the left) and ended back at the 1/2 off table.

Back to the car and hit a flea market a few miles down the road.

Those are really neat! This was my first trip to the SOS and you can bet it won't be my last.

As bacarnal so aptly points out, when collecting ordnance, it is easy to reach your physical capacity for what can be carried well before seeing every table. I made several trips back to my friends table with hands and pockets full........

Several years ago I purchased a large Soviet A.P.F.S.D.S at the Tulsa OK gun show minutes after entering the building. After lugging that miserable thing around for hours I began to wish I had not discovered it. My arms were easily 1/2 inch longer at the end of the day. Pat