What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

95mm Tank Howtizer Case

peregrinvs

Hi,
Herewith the latest find; a 1943 dated 95mm tank howitzer cartridge case. As used with the 'close support' versions of the Cromwell, Centaur and Churchill.

I suspect the answer is 'not much', but what's the likelihood of finding a projectile to go with it?

Cheers,
Mark
IMG_3749.JPGIMG_3750.JPGIMG_3751.JPG

I thought as much. ;) How scarce are the 95mm cases themselves? Ditto the related 3" tank howitzer cases?

Cheers,
Mark

Hi Mark, sorry that was unfair.

The cases arent common ...ive seen about 10 or so..but the projectiles are alot harder to find, but they do crop up.
You're most likely to find a SMK or HE 95mm with HEAT being alot harder to find....there are others, like base ejecting SMK, CHEM etc. Im sure someone has more info.

Having said that, they're alot more common still than its 3in CS cousin....again the cases are obtainable, but less common than the 95mm but the projectiles....well I think Ive only ever seen 2, and another in a photo.
and if anyone out there has either, id happily swap for large wodges of cash ;-)

Rich

And if anyone has a second spare 95mm projectile, please let me know...... I can hear you all laughing....
Cheers
Gary

Some of the more rare pieces of my collection I found... by just asking, either sheer luck
Regards, DJH

I have only seen one projectile for sale.

Jeremy Tenniswood had it for sale in Guildford in 1978.

I gave him a few quid for it from my pocket money and then spent the next 30 years looking for a case for it.

Clive helped me out a few years ago with a case.

I'm surprised that no-one has yet mentioned the 'other' version of the 95mm case, which is identical in size to the 3.7" HOW case............... Depotman

If someone is still interested, i have some for sale. 95mm HE and 95mm SMK BE. Complete rounds. I posted some pictures of a 95mm howitzer SMK BE in the "projectiles" subforum a few days ago.

Last edited: