What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Grenade" book

weberoed

Ordnance approved
In 1984 I wrote what I think was the first book published to the civilian world entitled "Grenades". The publisher totally screwed me on this and I only made about $75.00 off the sales. It has been gone for many many years now. But I just stopped by this dirty little Army surplus store to check out some ord items somebody told me may be live. They weren't.
But what to I find? About 40 copies of my "Grenades" book for sale at $5.50 ea. So if any body is looking for a copy I ahve attached the contact card. I get nothing from these sales so am just letting anybody who mightPD_0001.jpg be interested know.

In 1984 I wrote what I think was the first book published to the civilian world entitled "Grenades". The publisher totally screwed me on this and I only made about $75.00 off the sales. It has been gone for many many years now. But I just stopped by this dirty little Army surplus store to check out some ord items somebody told me may be live. They weren't.
But what to I find? About 40 copies of my "Grenades" book for sale at $5.50 ea. So if any body is looking for a copy I ahve attached the contact card. I get nothing from these sales so am just letting anybody who mightView attachment 106110 be interested know.

Mike,
Although I helped write one later on (with Rick Landers and Gary Oakley) I bought yours when it first came out in the UK. It still has pride of place next to the computer. I seem to have acquired two more copies from bequests by deceased chums. Excellent book, crap binding.

Thanks for the kind comment, yeah the binding on my few copies I still have are starting to completely fail. The damn publisher sure screwed me on the the whole deal.

I had started an update to my book, a few years after I wrote the first one, but just gave up. Maybe some day I'll start it again.

I have the book scanned, not the best job, but it's all there. I need to find a way to post it here on the site

I emailed the guy to get a copy and they never answered me.

I can stop by and buy copies, then mail them to you. Let me know send me your email

Im emailing Uncle Hump for a copy. Sucks about royalty from book, Mike!! Sounds like somebody in the publishin business needs a good'ol Texas ass whoopin to me!

OK this is not a sales where I make money. But I have acquired a number of my Grenade books. I am selling them for $11.25 ea, plus postage. All profits will go to the US EOD Wounded Warrior Fund. I need to check postage to UK, Germany and a couple other countries. So if you want a copy contact me, the money will go to a good cause. FYI the books are in mint condition. And of course I will sign each copy (for what that is worth).

Mailing to UK, Germany and Belgium is $15.50 US, mostly because of the package packet I use to protect the book.