What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

27mm and 30mm factory mess ups

I'm not really sure where these rounds fit in so I'll post it here ,
I have recently aquired these two RG made round from a guy who claims to have a relitive works at the RG plant , I was wondering if anyone has come across such items , the two rounds cost me 25 GBP shipped so I'm pretty happy with them , can anyone point me in the correct direction to how common / uncommon factory mess ups are ?
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
the one on the left looks like a 27mm Mauser round the one on the right is a 30mm Aden with a damaged case neck,usually factory 'cock ups' are chucked in the scrap bin
Tony

Last edited:
Given that both of the cases look to be well worn, I would question the premise that they came out of the factory in that condition. Are the primers struck?

Neither round has precussion caps , the guy who owned them before me doesn't collect inert and from what I understand they used to live in a tool box in his shed so sadly they aren't in very good condition