What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a tail fin for an SK250 and wondering about prices.

HAZORD

Premium Member
I have what I believe is an SK250 with single fuzewell. I'm looking for a tailfin assembly and I know they are kind of available in Europe, and I'm wondering how much they cost?

The U.S. box fins are fairly easy to build because of the square shape and round parts, but the cone on the German bomb fins is a bit tough to form.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't looked there. I figured they might show up at the big shows you have there in England.

Sent from my NSA/FBI tapped iPhone using Tapatalk

Although big shows are fine, its word of mouth that works best, I have seen more fore sale on this site than most places.

Thanks BMG50! I actually two of them. I have sent a message to Millsbomber. If anyone else knows of one floating around, please let me know.

If you find that you can't get another, you could copy the one you buy as a template, find a good fabricator who could make the difficult part, the cone.

I think the fins are made up of four sections. Each section is a quarter cone and fin made from a single piece if steel. A lot easier to fabricate than a cone.....
Cheers
Gary

I already have one fin that came on an SK250 with two fuzewells. I suppose I could have one fabbed, but I'm liking the idea of original. I know some good metal fab shops. I wrote a letter to Millsbomber, but haven't heard back from him yet.