What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Czech 37mm HE Projectile

M8owner

I have some restoration work to do on this projectile. Any chance someone has a spare fuse or shell casing to go with this?

Thank you for your help.

Steve

czech 37mm HE.jpg

photo (27).JPGI found a case and made a reproduction fuse. I decided against doing any major restoration work or painting it as I have not found the correct yellow color. I might just keep it this way. It's shiny. A nice complete Czech 37mm HE shell was on Gunbroker a few months ago, but I finally had to give up on it after the bidding exceeded $1000.

The projectile for service with Czechoslovak army would be without color only laquered, markings in red paint.
If I am not mistaken yellow was used for export only.
Later manufacture under German occupation had standard feldgrau with black markings.
Bob

Last edited:
I agree with Bob, if manufactered from 1939 or afterwarts, you should paint it Feldgrau with black markings.

Attachments

• 39 - 2.jpg
    39 - 2.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
One of the few markings remaining is a very clear "1938". I will just leave the chrome alone. Thank you gentlemen.

Technically, "shot" is a solid metal projectile with no filler or fuze.

Didier,

It's not really your fault. I seen the Spanish Ammo site that is shown on the 106RR thread calls everything "shot". Maybe it means something different in Europe.