What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW2 US 12g full brass ammo

T

torch42

Hey guys
Im wanting to replicate WW2 US full brass shotgun shells for display but I don't have any closeups of the mouths of the cases to see just how they are closed..I understand they are roll crimped but I don't know how much...if anyone has any I was hoping they could please take some closeups of the crimp so I know what to copy.
Thanks Sean

Hey guys
Im wanting to replicate WW2 US full brass shotgun shells for display but I don't have any closeups of the mouths of the cases to see just how they are closed..I understand they are roll crimped but I don't know how much...if anyone has any I was hoping they could please take some closeups of the crimp so I know what to copy.
Thanks Sean

The closure on these cases is sort of halfway towards a roll crimp.. I don't have any photos, but the edge of the case is folded flat against the overshot card.

The brass on these shells is very thin, however I would carefully anneal them before forming.. not sure what the original dies were like, but I suspect the rims were rolled over rather than just forced into a die..

I use brass cases in my 12 and 16 bore hammer guns loaded with black powder.. I just glue the over shot card into the case with fletching cement. They are made in Brazil by Magtech. I used to get them through Midway, but they have stopped exporting.. I got my last lot from Buffalo arms who will export.

You need to use larger wads with these as the case is thinner.. you can get these from Clay & Game re-loaders in UK. I am trying to persuade them to import the brass cases...

Sean
Did you ever get the pictures you were looking for? I am new to forum and can't post but I would e-mail you photos. Send e-mail in a private message.
Gerry