What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KFC Headstamp?

shooter1992

Premium Member
I have a cart case which I suspect is cut down, but none the less I am not too sure what it is. Only markings that I can see is KFC 1957. Any ideas?

Cheers

Attachments

• 20150517_174359.jpg
    20150517_174359.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 110
  • 20150517_174417.jpg
    20150517_174417.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 20150517_183553.jpg
    20150517_183553.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
I believe it was from an experimental device, developed by the late Col. Sanders, for the delivery of fried chicken to front-line troops. It was unsuccessful, and he was drummed out of the service, forced to enter the restaurant business.

Just so you know, here in the states, KFC are the well used initials of Kentucky Fried Chicken.

KFC has actually expanded to many countries over the years. It's huge, and actually the traditional "Christmas" meal in Japan!

Well, no help whatsoever to the original question, but KFC (takeway) has almost doubled in expence, the quality is shite and the quantity you get is even worse than it was a few years ago. Chicken Cottage will be taking them down in the UK in the next five years I reckon.

Well, if we were to attempt an identification, we would need a case mouth diameter, rim diameter and length. My crystal ball refuses to work till some essentials are established.

Sent from my NSA/FBI tapped iPhone using Tapatalk

The KFC headstamp could indicate Kawaguchiya Firearms Company, Tokyo, Japan., but I am not aware if they made large calibre ammunition.

Strangely, I found KFC in the french listing of french manufacturors : Kingsbury Francford, USA !
I found also : STE KLEBER COLOMBES, France

Yoda

Last edited:
The cartridge case is actually a whale harpoon gun cart. (now in my possession) probably used from the Albany whaling stn. up till 1974 when whaling was banned in Australia. I also have ones marked Raufoss.
BTW has anyone got specimens of the modern Japanese harpoon gun cart? or other nations that still use these guns?
Regards Ozzi.

Last edited:
The case you show looks a lot like the one I found today, it measures 90x247R108 and is for the 90 mm Kongsberg whale gun. I also found this strange looking case, possible from a whale gun as well. It measures 85x253R94, has a thick rim with soldering in between, head stamps "1400.GR" and "32", ink stamps "A414/53" and "2375602". Anybody has a clue???

Attachments

• huls 1 1.jpg
    huls 1 1.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 13
  • huls 1 2.jpg
    huls 1 2.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 13
  • huls 1 3.jpg
    huls 1 3.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 13
  • huls 1 4.jpg
    huls 1 4.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 25
The KFC headstamp could indicate Kawaguchiya Firearms Company, Tokyo, Japan., but I am not aware if they made large calibre ammunition.
The cartridge case is for a whaling harpoon gun used in Australia, yes it could be a Japanese made cart. for the same guns? When was Kawaguchiya Company active? Regards Ozzi.