What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webley Revolver CO2 Pistol

Falcon

I found out about this on an American forum earlier this week. I hadn't heard anything about this before. I want one now.

It may also be of interest to any WW1 reenactors here as it is less than 1/3rd of the price of a deactivated original.

It apparently shoots steel BBs. It's a shame they couldn't have rifled it to shoot lead pellets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp3cD2jWlVE

I believe that there is also an airsoft 6mm version available which is also quite nice.
Fred

I handled one over the weekend. It looked quite realistic, but I thought it felt a bit light. You can feel that it's made from pot metal and not steel. However, I suppose steel would be too expensive.

The trigger pull also seemed far too light compared to the real thing. I have only ever handled a deactivated one, unfortunately I've never fired a real one.

Still, I think it would be a good thing to buy as a collectors item. They could well become sought after in the future. I would even be tempted to buy two, for one to fire and one to keep unfired in its box as a collector piece.

Fred: I see that you are in Northern Ireland. Am I right that one of these CO2 pistols would need to be held on a FAC there?

The trigger pull also seemed far too light compared to the real thing. I have only ever handled a deactivated one, unfortunately I've never fired a real one.

Nor will you probably and you can thank John Major for that.

It is actually possible to own and shoot .455 revolvers in Great Britain under Section 7(3) of the 1997 Act but it is a hell of a rigmarole and expensive too.

Fred: I see that you are in Northern Ireland. Am I right that one of these CO2 pistols would need to be held on a FAC there?

Sorry for the delayed reply but I believe that you are correct. Any bb gun or airsoft with a muzzle energy of more than one joule needs to go on a FAC. Most airsoft guns coming into NI have to be downgraded just to be legal.

Fred