What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US 20mm Hispano ball projectile manufacturer 1941

Rrickoshae

Premium Member
good afternoon chaps, I picked up a 20mm Hispano ball round yesterday, the case is of American BBC type with nickel primer but the projectile has markings that I have not come across before. They are as follows;
M
M
D

there is a / between the 4 & 41 running from top right of the 4 to the bottom left of the 41.

Any thoughts who they could be - presumably a sub contractor.

many thanks

Dave

Attachments

• 100_7175.jpg
    100_7175.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 41
Hi Dave, going out on a limb here,but the markings on the projectile do not 'strike me' as US......could be Musgrave Manufactures & Distributors,RSA?

Tony

Hi Dave, going out on a limb here,but the markings on the projectile do not 'strike me' as US......could be Musgrave Manufactures & Distributors,RSA?

Tony

thanks Tony, thats interesting. Having said that I hadn't come across the marking before, checking my other rounds, I found another in a british made case but with the lettering in the more traditional horizontal form.

Dave

MMD - Auto-Lite Battery Corporation of California (Metal Manufacturing Division).

TimG.