What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Betonschützenmine 43 (Abwehrmine Beton) question........

RegPitt

The Betonschützenmine 43 was of German origin but only used in Norway.....just doesn't seem practical
to manufacture this 'fairly' sophisticated Beton mine and use it only in Norway to protect airfields, etc.
And to do it as late as 43. Anyone with insight on this piece?
The pic on Lex's site doesn't show the metal top that acts like a Schu-mine and trips the fuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
These mines were produced in Norway (By Raufoss ammunition plant) and are mostly found in Norway and Finland. It could be used with the metal lid with a ZZ 42, and without with a ZZ 35.

Attachments

• 918_001.jpg
    918_001.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 98
Brickmine-3.jpgWe have found several brickmines in Finland, from burned storages. Very often there are steel plates with some nails. I assume that at least lone version had a wooden top cover with steel plate to operate the ZZ42.

I have never seen this mine before in germany, also I'm interested. But, as the stamped designation "B.Sch.M. 43(n)" implies, this is norwegian and was taken into german service, may be only in Norway during the german occupation. The letter in brackets, behind a designation, is always used for "Beute-waffen + munition" and designates the country where this foreign armament or ammunition comes from. There are whole manuals about these items from other countries, which were pressed into german service.

In those which I have seen, has is cast inside the concrete a standard 200 gram German charge block with thread insert.

Tmine35: Yes there are variations of this mine where the top/sides are made of wood. If you should happen to have one of these metal fronts for sale/exchange I would be most interested, please let me know.

Last edited:
Is a very rare mine, i have one to, but i have not the metal plate... i think one day i found one. But i have question, this mine was only used in Norway?