What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panzerfaust : need info

MINENAZ16

Ordnance approved
Hello,

It's the first time I see a panzerfaust warhead with this king of pins.
Does anyone know details about this construction ?

Regards.

IMG_7361 - Copie.JPG

head w pins2.jpg
Maybe a training grenade ? Here is another image, Bundesarchive Bild 1011-710-0371-18, Gerhard Gronefeld dated 1944. Looks like a 30M launch tube. Bill

Thank you Bill I already have this picture from a friend.
Definitly not a training grenade.
I can't show other pictures in the forum because I found it filled HE.

Regards

Hello, perhaps something stupid but I give it a try, can it be that these types were made for the 3,5 kg charge but they were send back because they were needed for the panzerfaust? because they made a 3 kg and a 3,5 kg that was made out of the warhead of the panzerfaust, regards Ben

As you can see also the colour is different, I think I am correct. regards Ben

Hello Ben,

I don't understand your first answer. Could you explain again with other words ?
Thank you.

Maybe different construction technique from a factory not equipped to make them the other way? Or designed for catching on netting or something. (just guessing here)

panzerfaust

DSC06264.JPGIf you look at this picture, you see the 3,5 kg charge, this charge is made from the warhead of the Panzerfaust, the one in your picture is what I think also a 3,5 kg charge, they made already the screws for the plate, but I think they send the heads back to the factory to complete the warhead, as you can see on the last picture the upperpart is different from colour, so I think they put this part on later. I hope this is ok for you, regards Ben

Hello Ben,

I didn't understand the first time. Very good analysis, I'm sure your right.
Thank you.
Do you have a picture of the base part of the 3.5 charge to see pins or screws ? (fives pins on my warhead)

Regards

View attachment 108841If you look at this picture, you see the 3,5 kg charge, this charge is made from the warhead of the Panzerfaust, the one in your picture is what I think also a 3,5 kg charge, they made already the screws for the plate, but I think they send the heads back to the factory to complete the warhead, as you can see on the last picture the upperpart is different from colour, so I think they put this part on later. I hope this is ok for you, regards Ben

http://www.lexpev.nl/grenades/europe/germany/hafthohlladung33kilo.html has images of this arrangement and it has 5 pins. Thank you, Ben. for that information. I have been looking at the above or similar images for 20 years and never thought of the connection. http://kvadar2010.narod.ru/index/0-11 led me to lexpev's site and Google led me there. The earlier 3kg version had 6 pins.
Regards,
Bill