What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

34 x 148 German expt and others

SG500

Premium Member
The shell case second from left in the photograph is a 34 x 148 (rim 49.5) described in De Heks book as "DMW (exp) Germany WW-II".

I don't know if the primer is correct as it unscrews from the case.

Does anyone have any further information about this case/round?

I have shown it with several other unusual German aircraft rounds for scale. From left to right:
5cm SG 500
34 x 148
Mk 212
Mauser 213

All INERT.

Dave.

IMG_0346.jpgIMG_0336.jpgIMG_0338.jpgIMG_0347.jpgIMG_0348.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know for shure, but it looks like somebody brassed a new base disc in. Take a look on the inside of the shellcase please.
Regards, DJH

I don't know for shure, but it looks like somebody brassed a new base disc in. Take a look on the inside of the shellcase please.
Regards, DJH

I noticed that too DJH. Its old and grubby inside. Have you come across similar?

Dave.

IMG_0350.jpgIMG_0351.jpg

Nice case ,nothing wrong with this one, primer is correct.

Gasdruckmesshúlse messing Versuch (experiment) DWM (Deutschen Waffen und Munitionswerke.

The topic is old, but still. I saw this photo and I'm in shock. Very interesting things. You can learn more about 5 cm SG500.
212 and 213 a dream.:tinysmile_cry_t4:

The Ammo Photo Gallery on my website shows a number of replicas of rare cannon rounds - it needs updating now as I have some more!

In the caption to each photo, repA indicates that it is a complete replica, repP has a genuine case and a replica projectile, and repC is for a replica case with a genuine projectile. All of the rest are genuine.