What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1939 Polish Bofors 37mm Antitank Gun Case

Ask and you will receive. The Polish case does not have a projectile. It is next to a Swedish 37mm Bofors case with a yellow Finnish practice projectile.

Polish 37mm Bofors Shell Casing.jpg

Last edited:
Your example is interesting 37bis in that it has different manufacturers for the shell and the propellant than mine. Does anyone know how many factories were making the components for these?

M8owner
I don't know if I have well understood your question but I show the only case I have. It is in bad condition but it is the only one I have ever seen on flea markets. The manufacturer is identified by the polish eagle. I don't remember who he is.
Regards,
Dandebur.37polonais.jpg

photo (30).JPGphoto (31).JPGI found what I believe to be another Polish 37mm case due to the faint "P" in paint. However, I am going to guess this was made in Sweden?

photo (53).JPGNow I have a 1939 dated projectile. It is good to have Polish friends. It has "Pk" as the maker; the same as 37bis' projectile.

Last edited:
Thanks to Marek, I now have two nice projectiles and one really nice fuze. If anyone in the US wants to trade, I have a spare complete round with a nice case, restored projectile and marginal fuse.

Attachments

• IMG_3526.jpg
    IMG_3526.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3527.JPG
    IMG_3527.JPG
    269.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3525.jpg
    IMG_3525.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3528.jpg
    IMG_3528.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 21
The paper with markings ID was written by Liviu, a Romanian collector residing in the USA. He was a great help for me when I was just starting collecting 20mm Oerlikon, but then he left IAA forum some years ago. Maybe he will return?