What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SC1000L replica, detail needed

sonofhss

I'm still looking for more detail on the support band to complete my replica, any help is much appreciated. I am in particular need of information on the side attachments.
Thanks

Attachments

• germanbombs.jpg
    germanbombs.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 68
  • bombtruckjuly15.jpg
    bombtruckjuly15.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 49
  • L1040247.jpg
    L1040247.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 45
Wow thy look better than the real thing, well done, cannot help with the support,,,,,,,, Dave

Those look amazing! I was curious, what did you use to make them? (wood/foam/metal/all of the above).

How it's made: fiberglass, wood, steel, wire. I start with the best, original drawings possible. I chose the SC1000L because it was huge, but short enough to fit in the bed of my 1944 Chevrolet truck.
That means it should be just over 99 inches long, the bed is about 104". The nose was made of fiberglass tail.jpgnose.jpgon a wood and wire frame sized .200 under the print dimensions. The tail is aluminum except for the cone sections which were made of fiberglass on a special male mold. The cylinder section is a 80 gallon fiberglass water tank, very heavily modified.

Great job you have done there.

I'm afraid I will be of limited help, but here are some drawings of the 1000kg. I will keep looking for the details you require though my resources are limited.

regards KevP8060665.jpgP8060666.jpgP8060667.jpg

Lovely replica Sono', at first I thought it was a real one!

Ever thought of doing a Parachute mine?...