What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Grenade Help Required Please

Rich C

Came across this grenade in an auction recently and need help identifying it please.
It was advertised as : " Unusual Continental Tin Grenade tin steel handle with lower steel belt hook. Tin box with removable lid. Internal removable tin with inert fuze. "
It is constructed from a very thin tin and appears to have been soldered together.
The are no markings at all except for the fuse which has some markings on the top ( a + in the middle and numbers or letters around it ), but very hard to read.
I'm hoping someone can help me with the identification please.
Hopefully the photos will help.
IMG_0096.jpgIMG_0129.jpgIMG_0127.jpgIMG_0126.jpgIMG_0123.jpgIMG_0119.jpgIMG_0117.jpgIMG_0116.jpgIMG_0114.jpgIMG_0108.jpgIMG_0107.jpgIMG_0104.jpgIMG_0103.jpgIMG_0102.jpgIMG_0100.jpgIMG_0098.jpgIMG_0094.jpgIMG_0132.jpg The last photo is for a size comparison

Thanks Keith :bigsmile:
That looks to be the one.
The only part missing from mine is the fragmentation sleeve which appears to fit between the charge and the outer skin of the grenade.
Probably not much chance of finding one now , but not too hard to replicate one from pictures found on the web.
Rich.

Hello! Happened to see Your topic. Maybe You are interested in links about this grenade.(https://military.wikireading.ru/38756 , http://coollib.com/b/252195/read )
I have a sample, not a complete set and in a disassembled state. Found in Korelia on the ground fighting the Soviet-Finnish war of 1939. We found a few grenades of the same sound. For some reason, the instances had a spring loaded firing pin, which is well inserted under the brass cap of the handle. I think there was an attempt to design improvements.
Provide pictures of the layout of this grenade.
Was glad to help with information.
(Sorry for bad English. Communicate through the interpreter.)

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 22