What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannons in Tenerife

E-tech

Went to the Island Tenerife, and on the northern shore, at the "Plaza de Europa", I found these little pretty things:

recommendations: Do NOT go to Tenerife! We got two days of sun out of 7! We got off the plane (no food or water), and landed in what felt like a swamp.
I actually had to threaten the guy behind the counter, so we could have water in our room! This was a 3 star hotel!
And, I might add, the Paella was worse than you can get in a mall in Germany. The wife in the bikini helped, though

Attachments

• IMG_0834.jpg
    IMG_0834.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0835.jpg
    IMG_0835.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0836.jpg
    IMG_0836.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 46
Ah, and some pictures of the newest Spanish artillery. I wonder if it's suitable for guided shells.

Regards, DJH

Nothing wrong with Tenerife, had a great time! Only annoyance I had was tourists that walk around almost naked and without any shame ;-).

There is actually a military museum on Tenerife, with some amount of ordnance.

It's very ugly when criticism is made to generalize a country or people.
That says a lot about the person who does.
Very nice naval cannon, very well preserved, thanks for the pictures.

I was just joking, no offence meant. Sorry.
And I have been to Tenerife and it's very nice, although I did not visit any museum, I was there more for the 3B's (Beer, Beach, Babes)

the 16 Pdr. Barrel (Fig. 2) of the following table fits really well :)

Attachments

• Atlas Artilleria_0049.jpg
    Atlas Artilleria_0049.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 27
Paella in Tenerife? Matador and flamenco dance too? :xd: I'm sorry for your bad experience in Spain.

I think it's the 16 pounder bronze cannon, made in Sevilla in 1768 and called "Tigre" (Tiger).