What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

120mm H.E Mortar Cooked Off

SGEOD

Hi all, I was involved in a disposal exercise recently and i encountered a cooked off 120mm H.E Mortar with DM111A5 fuze.
The round was stuck at the opening of the barrel as the propellants did not produce enough force to propel it out.
My question now is that is the ammunition safe to move? how much set back force is required to arm it? considered a blind or misfire?
Pardon my ignorance. Thanks.

Per forum rules, render safe procedures and EOD methods are not open for discussion. This is a normal incident with standard procedures, if you are EOD you should have access to the documents which describe the techniques applicable. One of the first things that you should do is to submit to this forum for ordnance approved status, so that others have an idea to whom they are talking. Following that, other options may be available.