What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown practice bomb

Slick

My favorite daughter was rummaging around a flea market in Lousiana yesterday and ran across these interesting finds. Asked if they were of any interest to me. HA! Have trained her well. The longish one has been elusive to ID. Any ideas? Can't find a thing on the interwebs.
unk prac bomb.jpg unk prac bombs.jpeg

In addition to those pieces, she also acquired a WW2 vintage USN No. 5 lifeboat compass for me. I'll include pics of that when I get it all in hand. And rest assured, the posted prices are nowhere near what they were bargained down to. American Pickers "bundling" action at its finest. Luckily, the guy didn't want to have to haul them home and was dickered down to $25 per. Said he was hoping someone wanted them for decorating purposes. As if!!!

There's only a 8-9 digit number cast in the long one. And a "D".

AND - if anybody has a spare BDU33 tail section they need to rid themselves of. . .

Last edited:
Hi Slick,
Don't think you will find a tail for a BDU 33. They are crimped in place and only come off when dropped and they get bent like a banana. Your only hope is to find a brand new unfitted one. There may be rejects out there from a manufacturer but its easier to find a complete bomb than it is to find a tail.
Cheers
Gary

Last edited:
Nice finds, you do have her trained well :) it would be easer to make the tail section, it shouldn't be that hard to do.
Cheers
Andy

Attachments

• BDU33f1.jpg
    BDU33f1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 32