What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delaborate A/T submunition SPBE by yourself!

Ivashkin

Premium Member
I think most of us heard about using russian air forces in Syria. And they`re using old new sumbs - SPBE. Old new because SPBE is old (made in end of Soviet Union) and new, because it`s first time of using.
A lot of SPBE didn`t blow up and droped of the land. And arabian people know what to do with this "TV-set"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qY6Vm40kjo

Hallo Ivashkin,
thanks for showing the link. these are quite modern EFP warheads. I wonder what the price for one of these a customer has to pay at the factory. Besides the warhead it contains a small computer, an infrared or laser transmitter and reciever. All the parts look to be of high quality. Does anybody know what the cost of a comparable munition in the west is ? The technology of this type of warhead is around for quite a few years, but I have not heard anything about their dependability. It seems that the russian ones have a much too high dud rate for such an expensive munition.
Regards,
Bellifortis.

Hallo Ivashkin,
thanks for showing the link. these are quite modern EFP warheads. I wonder what the price for one of these a customer has to pay at the factory. Besides the warhead it contains a small computer, an infrared or laser transmitter and reciever. All the parts look to be of high quality. Does anybody know what the cost of a comparable munition in the west is ? The technology of this type of warhead is around for quite a few years, but I have not heard anything about their dependability. It seems that the russian ones have a much too high dud rate for such an expensive munition.
Regards,
Bellifortis.
Hello :)
I don`t know how much it costs. Subs from video very old and as you see - quality wasn`t good. Or they were on bad storage. On West the same subs apepared in the same time and both of them very well don`t blow up (self-destruction mechanism) :) What we can se in Yemen (USA subs) and in Syria (Soviet subs)

interesting link.
I know little about this sort of munition but looking at the video it shows the camera seeking out a target in ever decreasing circles - if no target is found is the munition designed to explode anyway? or is this the reason for so many duds???

Kev

interesting link.
I know little about this sort of munition but looking at the video it shows the camera seeking out a target in ever decreasing circles - if no target is found is the munition designed to explode anyway? or is this the reason for so many duds???
Kev

Yes, Kev, if it didn`t fined target should work self-destruction mechanism, but in some reason it didn`t work with a lot of subs.
In block RBK-500 SPBE 14 arm subs and 1 subs with altimeter - sends signak about high over the ground to another subs. And how looks like this sub - no information. In one plase didn`t blow up a lot of SPBE. Probably too old or they were laying on too bad storage :)