What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Heddle PDH Enterprises

millsbomber

Premium Member
Just thought I would give the heads up to UK collectors that Paul Heddle has been given a 5 year prison sentance. I cannot find any news about this on the net but I was informed from a good sore. ....... Dave

I think it was a experimental blank firer he was making but when he was raided it was found in a state of manufacture that made certain components contry to the firearms act......

The War and Peace organisers, in the first instance, should check this isn't happening. I wonder if H&S considered looking at their role in this.

Yes Dave, but the events at W&P gave them cause to 'visit' him. He was one of the biggest UK suppliers to the re-enactment guys for their displays, all perfectly legal. And doing the same thing at that show for more than 10 years. Interesting that the injured person was a regular customer ....

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was a experimental blank firer he was making but when he was raided it was found in a state of manufacture that made certain components contry to the firearms act......

I spoke to Paul in September at the Chatham fair about the W&P incident and he then told me about the blank firer. He said that there were hundreds if not thousands of similar devices used by re-enactors and he was sure the Police had made a mistake and he would be cleared. With that sentence he must have pleaded Not Guilty and then faced the full force of the law. As BMG50 states - 5 years is the norm.

I can only think that the barrel was clear and it must have been capable of firing a live round.

John

The War and Peace organisers, in the first instance, should check this isn't happening. I wonder if H&S considered looking at their role in this.

W&P only want traders to have a 3rd party liability insurance certificate. Other than that I think the military walk the site doing checks as do the Police. I suppose the W&P organisers quite rightly would say they don't have the expertise.

John

the law is what it is and ignorance is no excuse, however if you lie about your driving abbilities and run down pedestrians in Scotland they let you off before they even investigate, fair?