What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian Small Aerial Bomb Dated 1941

M8owner

I have been offered this item, and I can probably get it for $150 with shipping. Would this be a good investment?

Russian Bomb.jpg

Looks more like an early version of the ZAB, same size but a magnesium body. Fair price.

I would go with AO-2,5.
It would be a pain to weld the fins to a magnesium body.

I thought in texas You invest in cattle :)
For a 1941 the piece looks quite well.

Bob

You forgot about oil, Bob. We have lots of that in Texas also. Not a good time for investment in oil though; I had many opportunities to invest in oil in the past few years - glad I passed on those.

I am negotiating with the goal of getting at least 20 of the sub munitions and the carrier. I have not seen pictures of the carrier yet.

Price depends from country. Sometimes tail part are rusted out,but this AO-2.5 tail looks like OK.

100_7219.jpgThe carrier is out of reach for now. I am getting one for myself, plus a spare. Anyone else in the US want one of these?

Last edited:
photo (22).JPGphoto (24).JPGphoto (25).JPGI have two AO-2,5's in the collection now. Both are very nice with no rust, a good deal of original paint and some markings. It looks like two different factories were making these. One is dated 1941 and the other 1940. Both fuses are dated 1940.