What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Censorship in France ?

sgdbdr

Good morning,

I had trouble to access the website http://millsgrenades.co.uk

I thought the site was offline until I tried to access it via a proxy, and it worked !

Do other users from France have the same problem ?

Regards,

S.

Hi there.... this is my site and I'm not aware of any problems but please check if your viewing in safe view mode as I know it some times does not show up on certain servers due to nanny state restrictions.... yes there even starting to close down some parts of the internet, every day we all loose a very small thing which we will not notice..... Dave

Works fine in the Czech Republic too.
Just the coal explosive in SOE folder does not show up.

Bob

Mcfee anti virus system is stopping access to your site this morning Dave :sad:
From the info given it seems the link with your site to visual collector is causing the problem...all the others check out fine

Tony

PB260001.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the feed back guys I'm on vacation at the moment will try to sort out when back in uk ....... Dave

Changing the subject slightly, we do have internet censorship here in the UK. Laws were recently bought in to try to stop children from accessing "adult material". All new internet service deals would come with the filters by default, unless the customer chose to opt out.

However, one of those categories of "adult material" is "violence and weapons". As the filters are triggered by words, obviously BOCN is affected by this. I found out about this when I tried to access the site on a computer with the censors applied.

I wonder how long it will be before this censorship becomes compulsory. It is something that the government would like to do if they could get away with it.

Mcfee anti virus system is stopping access to your site this morning Dave :sad:
From the info given it seems the link with your site to visual collector is causing the problem...all the others check out fine

Tony

View attachment 114584

I'd never use McAfee as it always seems to give problems. If it's preinstalled I remove it and replace it. Not just my experience but that of family and friends as well.

John